DePRAE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DePRAE

"Oderint Dum Metuan" (Latin: Let them hate so long as they fear.)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ss4 -> s45 Merger information and guidance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boydf15
Admin
Admin
boydf15

Prestige : 5546

ss4 -> s45 Merger information and guidance Empty
PostSubject: ss4 -> s45 Merger information and guidance   ss4 -> s45 Merger information and guidance I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:08 am

Hello guys, welcome to all the new members of the DeP team.

I know we all have lots of questions about how to do this, let me go through them in no particular order:

what state are we moving to?

It will depend on how big the states are. Some possibilities include 200x200, 250x250, 400x400, and a few other ideas but no one knows for sure yet.

If they are really big, and we can not control one on our own, we have a few options of who to live with...if they are smaller and we can do it ourselves, we still have 2 other options...so unfortunately it will not be until we get onto the new server and see how big the world is, that I will know for sure.

Expect the first group mail I send to name the sate we will all move into...

How do we arrange our cities?

Once I send that mail, the way we set up out cities will be vitally important. When choosing the general locations of your cities, please consider both the most offensive and the most defensive formations. You should never cluster all your towns together!!!!

I have 9 full up cities for example, so I will put 2 of my cities on each boarder (N, E, W, S) and then 1 in near the middle...this will allow me to attack into any neighboring state, defend from any direction, and move troops around the state without ever having to march more then half the width of the state at one time (important for food considerations) I would like each of our top 20 players (by prestige) to figure out how best to arrange their cities so they have the ability to attack into every boarder state, and defend from any direction, while maintaining production capability as well. For every non-top 20, I will ask you to pick 2 adjacent boarders, and arrange your cities so you can attack, defend, and reinforce along those 2 boarders. I am going to put our feeder accounts and our protected friends in the middle of the state where anyone of us from any direction can reinforce and counter attack if someone ports into the middle of the state and threatens our interior lines of communication.

When placing cities, please consider what you want your farms to look like before you choose exactly where you want the city to sit. I want to strongly encourage you to build farms higher then your current farming level...for example:

If you farm both 5s and 10s now...build as if you are going to farm only 10s
If you farm only 5s now, build several 10s, and 1 or 2 lvl 8s, to upgrade your heros, and grow into
If you farm only 10s now, look for ideal formations / lines / blocks that will make it easy to cue 5 or more farming missions at the same time.

if anyone in DePRAE builds lower then a lvl 5 npc, I will ask you to conquer it, teleport it, and re-npc it as a 5 or 10. PLEASE DON'T BUILD SHIT NPCs IN THE FIRST FEW DAYS!!!

No one city should build more then 8 lvl 5 npcs please...if you are farming more then 8 at a time, you need to build archers and start farming lvl 10s...8 lvl 5 npcs is the limit...everything else should be lvl 10s please. (you cna build 1 or 2 lvl 8s if you want for training)

There may come a time when we need to fill the state, but now is not that time, and I will tell you if we get to that point...

BUILD HIGH QUALITY FARMS EVERYWHERE!!! Even at distances you will never use, so that if we need to random port back into our home state from a battle, we have a good chance of landing in a good farming location, no matter where we land!!!

This is going to be our home, lets make it the best possible state to live in we can

When we start moving in, I will ask everyone to contact their neighbors and ask them to pick a different state...please keep everything nice and respectful at first...please also tell all your neighbors that we don't want to see anything less than a lvl 5 npc, and if we catch them building lower level npcs, it will be grounds for war.

OK, that is a start...I know there are many more questions, and I will continue to write it up as much as I can.

Good Hunting

Back to top Go down
boydf15
Admin
Admin
boydf15

Prestige : 5546

ss4 -> s45 Merger information and guidance Empty
PostSubject: Re: ss4 -> s45 Merger information and guidance   ss4 -> s45 Merger information and guidance I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:34 am

How should I set up my cities for success?

Every city need to have nothing by wood and iron. There is not reason to have any food or stone production at all. You will farm all the food you need, and you don't need stone until you start producing catapults.

The number of barracks and cottages need to vary depending on how big you attack hero is. The starting position need to be 16 barracks, and as your attack hero goes up in each city, you need to demo a barrack and replace it with a cottage. The intent is to have more population available to make larger and larger cues balanced against having the right number of barracks so your cues don't take more then 12 hours.

For example, in the 4 cities where I have 400+ atk heros...I run 12 barracks.

In my city with my best hero (512 w/o Excalibur) I run 10 barracks...in that city, I have a 70k idle population, so with enough resources, I can make 70k instant war, or 70k instant workers. I can also cue 35k archers and when I split them to all the barracks, they come off the line in 5 hours.

This is how to manage your cities as you grow.

Good Hunting
Back to top Go down

ss4 -> s45 Merger information and guidance
Page 1 of 1