DePRAE

"Oderint Dum Metuan" (Latin: Let them hate so long as they fear.)

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Merger Strategy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boydf15
Admin
Admin

Prestige : 3586

PostSubject: Merger Strategy   Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:14 pm

This is intended to be an open discussion...please respond

Ok, so we merge in a few days, and I'm assuming we all read the mail in detail, even read it twice to make sure we understood. I want to start this discussion with what I think I know, and ask everyone to help make sure we all have the right understanding. I don't want to develop a strategy based on a flawed assumption, or mistaken understanding, so speak up quickly if you think we are going off the tracks at all.

What I think I know to be a fact:

-Everyone will move into the new super server, and all their cities will be placed randomly around the world.
-For the first 3 days, no food will be consumed
-For the first 7 days you will have beginner protection,
--you can cancel it anytime,
--and you can't attack while in BP
-For the first 3 days, your resource production will be doubled
-You will lose all your valleys
-The alliances will stay intact, and everyone who moves will stay in the alliance
-Anyone who doesn't go log into to their site before the merge will be considered inactive and deleted
-All the "clocks" above don't start until your first login on the new server

What I am assuming:

-you will be able to attack valleys without loosing your protection
-you will be able to build npcs while under protection
-you will not be able to farm (attack) npcs until out of protection

What I think this means for us:

-We will have about 12 accounts that won't make the transition
-We will not be in the top 10 on the new server
-We will need our friends on the new server more then ever
-We will need to consolidate our territory quickly or be left with the scraps left over

Lets spend a day talking about this before we go about solving this problem. I have lots of ideas about how to crack this nut...I'm a military strategist so I have tons of ideas...but if there is anything we have learned from recent experience, it is that solving the wrong problem does not help anything. So please help me make sure we all have the same picture of what is going on before we take the next step of deciding on the strategy for how to proceed.
Back to top Go down
Paul

Prestige : 3209

PostSubject: Merger   Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Well U said it. We need to regroup as fast as possible and from there on build strong and conquer fast in that area to maintain our status.
Back to top Go down
Neet

Prestige : 3260

PostSubject: Re: Merger Strategy   Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:48 pm

This is the same understanding that I have of what it will entail. Happy to hear any strategic ideas for how to handle it. I think we should all move to the same area so we are within assistance distance for those who get attacked early. Definately best to stick together as we will need each other. There has been a lot of chat in world chat about taking on the other server alliances first to get rid of them quickly and stamp s25 on the new server early. I imagine the other servers are talking in the same way.

There is my 2c worth.

thanx
Neet
Back to top Go down
Killer15

Prestige : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Merger Strategy   Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm along the lines as Neet, we should toss aside all s25 BS and get say the top 20-30 to band and take out those s24 and s26 Motherf&%$ers while there still regrouping.
We could have more then just the top 30 but you get the idea.

But for this to happen ALL wars involving these alliance MUST stop and allow us and our allies (now and future)
Build like Fur seal mateing season, toss aside our poltics and work i've made a little Command stucture as well ;p

Example: A oh i don't know a Epi member comes under attack, they tell on the combind S25 privite channel Whoever is the highest rank from any alliance takes command, If there is two of the same rank, highest prestige takes effect and we have our Op leader, we do our stuff....done it's over.

Like most Allied forces internall Poltics will be a little SOB, but we HAVE to be able to put aside our diffs with the others and work together as a SINGLE force, that has meny moving parts (kinda like a human body we all have a job) think it not as different alliances but like ONE alliances with meny sister alliances to help, although there wont be a certian alliance thats the head of the whole thing, no surprime commander, just who's the highest Rank/prestige at the time of a fight.....still with me?

As neet said the other servers are more then likely thinking along the same lines.
Back to top Go down
Killer15

Prestige : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Merger Strategy   Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:26 pm

P.S if there mutiable attacks and allies are busy with theres and rank can't take charge....normal internall SOP's take over and we fuction as single alliances to help quall with command issues.
Back to top Go down
boydf15
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Beginning of Strategy   Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:10 am

Ok, we have the beginning of a strategy with our allies (Epi, 88, Bomb M4H)

The host have all talked through how we want to do this, and we are going to designate some states as "combat" states where we know other servers plan to locate their major heavy hitters. Lower Lorraine is going to be one of these combat zones. We are going to move most of our cities into Carinthia. This is where our alliance was founded, so it is a home comming of sorts for us. We will concentrate our combat power in the north east corner and put our farming and troop factories further south along the eastern boarder to be close to allies and not to far from our combat cities.

We will not have a core, because all our cities need to be about 10-12 miles apart. This will allow us to build npc farms for all our cities, and for us to control a much larger area. NO BODY SHOULD PUT CITIES WITHIN 10 MILES OF EACH OTHER OR OUR ALLIES!!! All the player cities that end up between our cities will become targets!

We have good intel on server 24 and server 26 power alliances and coalitions. We will use this intel to our best advantage. We will work with some, but for the most part we want to fight them, not befriend them. This is a war game.

I need everyone to make sure they have every city slot filled before the merger so you have as many teleporters as you can get after the merger. Even if 1 or 2 are just silly little lvl 4 npcs you conquer, you need to have every city slot filled. When we get to the new server, we will first place the war cities so they have room to build good npc farms around them. Then we will place the farm cities back from the front lines with room to build farms around them too.

When building your farms, I want all the lvl 10 farmers to consider building 2 lvl 8 farms per city, especially if you are like me and don't farm lvl 5s anymore. A lvl 8 gives you 800k wood/iron per hit, compared to lvl 10s which give you 160k wood/iron per hit. So hitting lvl 10s for food and hitting lvl 8s for wood/iron is smart and worth the few archers you loose. Please consider building nothing but lvl 8s and lvl 10s.

If you farm mostly lvl 5s, please consider building 4 or 5 lvl 8s instead of all lvl 5s so you can step up to 10s asap. Please put at least 2 lvl 10s next to your city even if you don't farm them yet, you will want them soon enough. It will be important to npc every flat within 10 miles of your cities as soon as you can, don't let the guys around you build too many 5s or below...that will make the territory very undesirable in the near future. We will all fight over lakes and forests so we will work that out with our friends and take what we need from the others.

Build troops as fast as you can, you will get a 3 day break from feeding them, then you can send them all toward our enemies, cause I bet we have a few by then Smile

Good Hunting!
Back to top Go down
calaminney

Prestige : 3331

PostSubject: Re: Merger Strategy   Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:01 pm

well that all sounds good to me!!
Glad to see that there's aproper strategy in place and lets get down to establishing our alliance in the top 10 on the new server!!
Back to top Go down
szo
New Recruit
New Recruit

Prestige : 3243

PostSubject: Re: Merger Strategy   Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:20 pm

santa sunny king queen jocolor jocolor geek cheers Basketball drunken drunken bounce bounce bounce bounce

well maybe be we should make one big alliance really quick as well with Epi, 88, Bomb M4H
and become a super power really quick

lol! lol! lol! study study study scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch alien alien alien alien alien Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea
Back to top Go down
boydf15
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: What to do when you land   Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

The coalition currently includes Epi, 88s, Prim, M4H, Fidelis, WAR, Bomb, and Us. None of us are willing to scrap our current alliance just to build one super alliance. If we did szo, I'm not sure you would make the cut so be careful what you wish for. The cut would be somewhere around 3 mil prestige just to get in.

So given that that the 800 of us are stronger then any 100 of us could be, I think we have the right idea.

The current plan is for us and Fidelis to move into Carenthia. This is good because the states in the super server are 4 times the size of the current server, so no one alliance of 100 people could ever control an entire state. Having Fidelis in Carinthia will help us control enough of the state that no other major alliance should be able to dominate it. The other members of the coalition are all moving in other states in much the same way with 2 alliances per state. We talked about more but decided we wanted there to be enough space in the states for enemies to try to move in just so we would have someone to fight. We didn't want to be surrounded by blue and green flags because that would be boring.

So now lets talk about how we are going to do this...

As soon as possible, get on the new server and start looking around. Don't care where your cities land at first, because they won't be staying there.

LOOK IN THE COORDINATE RANGE X=700-800 AND Y=200-300SEE BELOW FOR NEW INFO!!

This should put you in the north east corner of Carinthia, which is going to be near Lower Lorrine to the north east, Upper Lorraine to our East, and Burgendy to our south east. We expect LL to be a major battle ground. We will have friends in UL to our east and in Burgendy to our south east. We will also have friends to our west because that is where Fidelis will be moving. If you imagine the square of 100x100 defined above, look to put you war cities along the northern boarder, and along the southern boarder. Put you farm and troop cities more toward the middle of that square. Once most of us are in place, we will look inward at our square and try to drive everyone out that is not a blue or green flag. Then we will turn outward working with Fidelis to consolidate control of Carinthia and then taking on the enemies of our friends. Expect there to e several war declarations in the first few days as all the members of the coalition declare on all the enemies of the other members challenging them for control of their states.

When picking your spots to teleport into, here are some considerations:

1. Move you strongest war city first. Put it on either the northern or southern boarder of our square above.
2. Then put the rest of your war cities on line with the boarder.
3. Then place your troop and farm cities toward the middle of the square.
4. Keep all your cities within 20 miles of at least 1 other of your cities
5. Keep all your cities at least 10 miles away from any other DePRAE city (including you own)

As a good cross check, look at your coords. If you first city was placed at 702,205 then check that you don't place your second city with in 10 miles by looking at the coords for the second city and make sure they are at least 10 higher or lower. So 712, 205 would be exactly 10 miles away from 702,205.

While it is true that you should never be able to see a green flag city in the same screen window as any of your towns, that screen window is only about 7 miles wide and 7 miles tall. So just that check alone is not sufficient to make sure you are 10-12 miles away from everyone else. The natural exceptions are the trash cities I told you to conquer and bring with you to the new server. If you have a place picked out surrounded by flats (that you want to make your npc farm) put your keeper city NEXT TO, NOT ON TOP OF the lvl flat you want to npc, then put your trash city on the flat you want to npc. That way you can abandon the trash city and get the npc farm you want right away.

There will certainly be other cities in your "bubble" these will be your first targets, so pick them wisely...don't get in a bubble with a 3 mil prestige player unless you are ready to take him on cause he will be doing the same thing you are.

Once you get all your cities placed, get able to march ASAP. We are not sure if you need to come out of protection to march on valleys, but if you need to do it. You will still have the 3 days of free food and double resource production and you want the valleys more then you want the protection.

Start by taking the resource valleys you want first and fast...lakes, forests, and hills will be in high demand. Even if they are not lvl 10 yet, take anything over lvl 7 then use DABs upgrade procedures to upgrade ur valleys over time.

Then start working on your npc farms. If you are a lvl 5 farmer now, then I ask you to build 2 lvl 8 npcs and 2 lvl 10 npcs as close to your towns as you can. If you are a lvl 10 farmer, I ask you to build 2 lvl 8s and all the rest lvl 10 around your cities. The longer you leave a flat vacant (unowned) the higher the chance someone will move in and challenge you for your freshly build farm. Build no more then 9 lvl 10 farms per city. Anything more then that just become targets for guys like me to take over and attack you from without using a teleporter. Arrange your 10s and 8s in a ring around your towns as much as you can. Once you have your ring of 8/10s up, put a ring of lvl 5s around that so you can do some remedial farming if you ever need to rebuild after a major ass whooping and all you have is balista at first. Outside your ring of 5s build a ring of lvl 1-3s as a "moat" to protect you from teleporters but not create a tempting npc farm. Think of this outer ring as a scorched earth buffer zone. DON'T LEAVE AN OPEN FLAT WITHIN 10 MILES OF YOUR TOWN!!! I know many many heavy hitters who won't attack towns outside of a 5-8 mile march. They use random tele's to hop around and prey on anyone they land within 8 miles of. This 10 mile buffer zone will protect you from guys like them and in a major war, will protect you from well funded opponents who can afford adv teles and will be scoping out the closest place to our towns to jump into and attack us.

Now this isn't going to work exactly as advertised. First of all if your towns are all 12 miles apart, you aren't going to be building a scorched earth moat 10 miles from 1 town and 1 mile from the other. Also, don't scorch the earth within 10 miles of a green or blue flag without talking about it and deciding what you both want to do. So you are going to have to be smart and use the logic I have detailed here to make smart decisions.

In General,

1. Build you highest level farms as close to your cities as you can as fast as you can
2. Build farms for the future, not just your current level of farming. (don't forget lvl 8s they are important)
3. Build some kind of buffer zone of scorched earth outside your farms
4. DON'T LEAVE ANY FLAT UNOCCUPIED within 10 miles of your towns

Good Hunting

Burgundy - 88s
UL - M4H, WildHogs
Friesland - Bombarda
Romagna - Epitaph, WAR
Carinthia - dePrae, Fidelis
Bohemia - Primoris, mPERVious

Last edited by boydf15 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LordTBomb

Prestige : 3205

PostSubject: Re: Merger Strategy   Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:39 am

It sounds good I can't wait hopefully we will regroup pretty quick and i can be a bit closer to everyone. right now im kinda in BFE as apposed to everyone. I have a few strategies myself from all the military books ive read over the past 18 years. If your willing to listen I may not be strong but i can give some advice.
Back to top Go down
boydf15
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Merger Strategy   Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:11 pm

NEW INFO, PLEASE KEEP CHECKING THIS SITE FOR CHANGES

There have been ongoing negotiations with server 24 and server 26 power alliances. I have worked out a deconfliction plan which gives us a good place to live, with good strong allies on our flanks and still has a challenging opponent for us to fight. I didn't want to negotiate us into a bunch of farmers but I didn't want to bite off more then we could chew either.

our new destination is North March, specifically in the north west corner of North March

look for spots in the square x=500-600 and y=0-100

Put you best war cities on the Western side of our square around x=500 and down the line y=1-100
Put your support cities back to the east...this will allow us to fight with our strongest cities where we expect the biggest threat, but don't assume that anywhere in North March is safe at first.

This will put Epi and WAR on the boarder to our East and Bombarda (now merged with Valk) to our West in Saxony. The 88s, M4H, and the rest of the coalition are going to be too far away to help us and they will have big challengers of their own.

Bomb is going to have a big challenge for control of Saxony from a server 24 crew and we are going to have a challenge in NM from a server 26 alliance called newNWO. Expect us to declare on them as soon as they show up in NM.

Fidelis is supposed to be moving into the SW corner of North March to fight NWO and share North March with us, but I'm not sure how much we can count on them yet. I hope they prove to be good fighters, but we'll see.

This should be fun,

Good Hunting

Last edited by boydf15 on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:41 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jay Banks
New Recruit
New Recruit

Prestige : 3275

PostSubject: Re: Merger Strategy   Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Quote :
your the man Boyd, we're with you all the way!

Go Air Force, Beat Navy!

A hero wrote the above statement...

Last edited by Jay Banks on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
randydaniels

Prestige : 3233

PostSubject: Re: Merger Strategy   Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:33 am

Are we all going through Evony withdrawl? I suggest that some of us contact an officer and have them check the flat before we tele our city there. There is a lot of Evony knowledge in our officers and I think we should tap into that as much as we can.

See you there!
Back to top Go down
sirkilzalot2
Presbyter
Presbyter

Prestige : 3236

PostSubject: Well Said   Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:55 am

Good Thought Randy no one nneds to panick we have plenty of time to jump. I will Be on as soon as the server is ready see ya all then Sir Kilz Alot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merger Strategy   

Back to top Go down

Merger Strategy
Page 1 of 1