DePRAE

"Oderint Dum Metuan" (Latin: Let them hate so long as they fear.)

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Food Production

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vato Loco

Prestige : 3145

PostSubject: Food Production   Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:06 am

I have a question regarding Food Production. In my main city I have 21 farms. 20 are Level 9 and one is Level 10. Still I'm not producing enough food. Am I doing something wrong or maybe I should do something in addition to my farms? Any ideas? I only conquered a few lakes and grassland around me but still I'm in the RED on food production. Because I'm still very new at this game maybe I have done something wrong that I'm not aware of, so I was hoping that someone could help me out.
Back to top Go down
Sir Kilz alot

Prestige : 3180

PostSubject: Re: Food Production   Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:36 pm

make sure you have your highest political hero in place for food production and also conquer high level lakes and swamps.If you are still in the red you need to farm level 5 npcs to feed the troops 500 ballistas and 399 transports will do the trick usually.Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Vato Loco

PostSubject: Re: Food Production   Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:11 pm

Thanks, I'll keep you informed.
Back to top Go down
boydf15
Admin
Admin

Prestige : 3467

PostSubject: Re: Food Production   Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:54 pm

Farming npcs is the only way to support an attack army of any size. If you have a good size army, it will consume between 3 and 4 Mil pounds of food per hour. In my cities that are conquered lvl 10 npcs, I have 37 Level 10 farms. I also make sure to conquer 8 or 9 lvl 10 lakes, and I have mayors who have political attributes of 120 or higher. My total food production in these cities is about 1.2 to 1.4 Mil pounds per hour, but with my army size I am still negative 1.5 to 2.5 Mil in net food production. So there is nothing you are doing wrong. It is how the game is designed. For a while, you will be able to survive by farming lvl 4 npcs. These will give you 1 Mil in food every 6 hours if you can hit them that often. See the farming guides for the technology and balista requirements to do this with no losses. Soon, you will need to move up to farming lvl 5 npcs to survive. These will yield 3 mil food ever 6 hours which will be enough to support a 100k archer army. The next evolutionary step in the game will be when you start farming lvl 10 npcs. These will yield 19 Mil food every time you hit them, so your army size will be determined by how many you have around your cities and how efficiently you can farm them. There is an excellent guide on how to do this in the evo guides channel when you are ready. When you get to this level, not only will your army grow, but every time you farm a lvl 10, you will get between 800 and 4000 prestige points. You will officially be 'in the big leagues' when you get to this point and this is how guys with over 1 Mil prestige support armies of 500k scouts, 200k archers, 100k cav, 100k war, and 100k cataphrac per city. That is your goal. Good Hunting
Back to top Go down
Vato Loco

PostSubject: Re: Food Production   Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Wow thanks for all the info. Seem that I am just getting started. I have raided Lvl 5 NPC using the 500 and 399 number suggested by Sir Kilz alot. Seems to be working pretty good since I'm surrounded by Lvl 5 NPC. I still have a lot to learn about this game. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food Production   

Back to top Go down

Food Production
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DePRAE :: General Chat-
Jump to: